4.11.2012

2 week update

Happy April!! Can't believe it's already here. I love it.

Life has mostly been filled with working and vehicle repairs lately. My car is in the shop for the second time in a week (for 2 different reasons, and we just got duke's motorcycle fixed. So we're looking at -$1800 by the end of this week. Ouch.

On a completely unrelated note. I think Winston is super cute.


And sometimes a little scary. .

2 weekends ago was the first weekend duke and I got to actually spend together in like a month. So we slept in nice and long and made a really big delicious breakfast, complete with blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, fluffy biscuits and OJ.  Watched some conference and took my car to the shop.

THEN...i finally was successful in convincing duke that we needed a Sam's Club membership. So we spent some time walking around and buying yummy food! It was a joyous occasion. I don't know what is so fun about buying things in bulk, but it is strangely appealing.

And we went to the beach. Duh.


we rode the motorcycle to the beach of course!

This past weekend was pretty fun as well. We went canoeing with some friends and brought along the doggies. After about 10 minutes Winston decided he was over the boat ride and jumped right out of the canoe. Probably one of the funniest/cutest things i've seen him do. They say bulldogs can't swim, but winston stayed a float until Duke saved him! It was so cute. And i'm glad he didn't drown or get eaten by an alligator. (Side note-STILL haven't seen one, but the park people said they had caught a 9 ft alligator in the river the day before we went canoeing!)

Yesterday Winston graduated from intermediate doggy school. I'm so proud! He's learned a lot and he's doing really well. One of these days I'll post a video of all his cool tricks!



On Easter we decided to celebrate with a big feast because we really love food. I made a turkey for the first time and it turned out pretty good. I read a bunch of tips about roasting them breast-side down, that if you care more about flavor than presentation, it's the way to go. I can say it is tried and true. I did nothing but roast that sucker breast-side down and it was nice & juicy!!

The turkey carver
ALSO (longest post ever, i know!)

April 9 was the day that Duke and I got engaged last year. It's always fun to look back and see how much has happened in a year. It's been a really great year.

1 comment: