8.24.2015

Updates!

Hey guys! So I decided it was time for a complete blog makeover. I renamed it, got my own URL, redesigned it and I'm feeling much better about it all. Like hip hip hooray good about it! So from this point on this blog is THE SUNNY SIDE! I still have a few tweaks to make (like changing that picture on the side that is FOUR years old..sheesh), but it's come a long way. I'm really into the minimalist blog look (if you can't tell), so I settled for a really, clean simplistic design and I feel so much better when I look at it. I hope you like the change!

Other things I've been up to lately....

My friend and I came up with a business idea a couple months ago and I've been really busy the last couple months working with her during my free time. We've hardly told anyone about it to be honest. However, things are coming together and hopefully we'll be able to launch in the next couple months! I'm excited to share what we've been doing.

It stormed all weekend here and today (Monday) we had a typhoon. I don't even know what number typhoon this was for the summer! There's been a good handful. Kind of a bummer when its bad weather all weekend, but nice of the typhoon to come on Monday because Duke got to stay home. Any extra day I get him at home is fine by me!

I've started listening to podcasts again and I'm loving them! I listened to Serial along with the rest of the world and loved it. I listen here and there to Stuff You Should Know, which I enjoy but it isn't super engaging. This last week I started listening to This American Life and Fresh Air and I am in love with them. Mostly This American Life. Such interesting topics that makes me think about things in new perspectives. I use to listen to NPR all the time in the car when I lived in the states, but since there is only ONE english radio station out here I kinda fell off that bandwagon too. But I really enjoy that kind of stuff!

The Hydro Flask water bottle has changed my life. My friend converted me and then I converted Duke and now we never leave home without them! Keeps your water COLD for 24 hours.  Or hot beverages hot for 12 hours (haven't tested that one out). It's a little pricey for a water bottle, but it makes it so much easier for me to drink my water when it's cold. Also invest in the flip top, if you are lazy like me and unscrewing a water bottle is too much work ;)

Tomorrow I start my 4th week of Kayla Itsines Beach Body Guides. It's a 12-week program of intense but quick (28 minute) workouts. Actually she includes 4 weeks of pre-training for beginners-so I'm in the pre-taining week. Still killer. I've been following her on Instagram for months, and finally decided I want to give it a try. This is the most consistent I have worked out since BEFORE having Lucy, so it feels really good. I dread them and look forward to them all at the same time. I'd highly recommend them!

Planning our trip to Taipei over Labor Day. It's such an overlooked country-but the more I research, the more excited I'm getting. It's just a hop away from us; about an hour or so plane ride. Perfect for a long weekend. If anyone has been there I'd love to hear your favorite things you did there. I love exploring this world!!!!! AHHH!

I'm looking forward to the rest of the week! I'm working on getting out of the house more with Lucy and really exploring this island. I can't get enough!!

12 comments:

  1. Mickelle I love this! I really love blogs and want to get into them again. I can't wait to hear more about this little business!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks whit!! I love when you blog, so you should :). And you'll prob be getting an email this week with a survey bc we need opinions-so you'll find out soon!! xo

      Delete
  2. Well- I left a comment but then it disappeared (I think) so if I've done this twice- forgive me. Love the new design and can't wait to hear about the business idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I love the name and the minimalistic theme!! <3 I'm so excited to hear more about this new project you're working on !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing the Kayla Itsines workout!! I totally looked into that a couple weeks ago and wanted to try it out. How is it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It's intense but good and quick, which is what I need. I know how to do cardio, but I always feel like I need help with resistance training, so I'm a fan!

      Delete
  5. Love the new look! I also love the picture of you even if it is 4 years old! I am so not photogenic! Very excited and intrigued about your business venture! I took the girls to Taipei for 4 nights, it was fab, you will love it! We didn't venture out of the city which I wish we had, but with Matt not being with me I decided it was easier to stick just to the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well thank you! I've heard great things about Taipei, so we are excited!

      Delete
  6. I just bought the BBG! My friend back home does it and has seen great results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome!! I love it, but its so freaking hard!

      Delete