9.09.2015

Moments in Motherhood

image via
I've been reflecting on the beauty of motherhood lately. I've reached a point in this journey where I can confidently say that I enjoy being a mom. It was a hard transition for me. Seeing Lucy grow into her own person though--there's nothing like it! However, let's not forget it is one of the most challenging things anyone will ever do. I know that along with the highs will come many lows. Motherhood is the roller coaster of all roller coasters.  One of my all time favorite quotes is from Thomas Paine, "The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value." There is so much truth in that statement! Especially in motherhood. 

For me, the best moments in are the ones most people don't see. When I'm nursing Lucy and she looks up at me and pauses to smile; when she stops moving for just 5 seconds to lay her head on my chest; watching her try to figure things out--I can almost see the wheels in her head spinning while her brow furrows; talking to herself in her high-pitched gargly voice; her giant smiles that make her eyes all squinty; nursing her to sleep while we cuddle in my big bed. It's strange how these perfect little moments make up for the constant daily struggles I go through. 

Here are some pictures I love that seem to have captured those perfect little moments that make motherhood worth it.
image via
 image via
image via
image via
image via
image via
image via
image via

image via
image via
image via
image via
image via

4 comments:

  1. Ahh this post is making me emotional! Love all of it, except I was waiting to see a picture with you and Lucy among all these moments ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duke and my sister said the same thing and I didn't even think about that! Maybe that can be another post. haha

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful post and beautiful pictures, although I too was waiting for one of you and Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty much my every day prayer that I will look half as sleek as these mamas when the time comes! Haha. Not too late to post one of you and Lucy!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete