3.05.2013

Big Bend National Park



This past weekend we decided we needed to go do something. I need constant adventure in my life. I don't know how to stay put for more than one month straight anymore. Besides our trip to Indiana, I still needed to go somewhere! So we packed up and headed out to Big Bend National Park on Friday. It was a long drive and we were there for less than 24 hours, but I think it was worth it.

It's a beautiful, big park that sits right down there on the border of Mexico in west Texas. We didn't get to explore the whole park, but maybe we will make it back someday. Now let the onslaught of pictures commence...

The Window Viewpoint...or something like that
cacti..i love it



Remains of an old ranch house






Santa Elena Canyon-along the Rio Grande. The prettiest part we saw.


The Rio Grande! I always pictured it more like the Mississippi, but apparently it's not?


















Donkeys!!

Winston was happy too because he got to be reunited with his puppyhood BFF Jimmer for the weekend. (PS- It's really hard to get a picture of 2 dogs sitting still, but aren't they cuuute?!) 

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing!!! I'm dying to go camping... alas it's still freakin' cold here... ready for some heat! Glad you got to have such a fun/beautiful adventure. And I've got to add this to my must visit list!

    ReplyDelete