5.11.2014

Happy Mother's Day



My dad sent me this video and I've seen a few people share it on facebook. It's a great 2 minute tribute to moms everywhere! I'm so glad we have this holiday to do a little something special for the mom(s) in our life.
Today I was thinking about my mom and I thought- she's such a GOOD person. Out of every person I know on the same level as I know her, she's the best. My dad is a close second ;) In fact, I feel like she's pretty close to perfect. She hasn't worked outside the home since the day she became a mom (except piano lessons), but yet she is always SO busy doing stuff for everyone but herself. She puts all of her 5 children's (plus husband) wants and needs before her own. As a selfish kid, I thought that was just her job. How dare she do what she wants! But that's why I like growing up. You realize so much more. You see the big picture. I really hope I can be as good of a mom to my kids. She has so many skills and talents and taught me so much. She taught me to be honest when I would take things from the store as a kid-she'd bring me back to return it. She taught me to love the truth and goodness of the gospel of Jesus Christ through her great example of how important it is in her life. She taught me to sew and helped me sew a few dresses when I was in 5th grade! (even though i'm still not very good). She taught me to play the piano. And she taught me to put others before myself, which I'm also still working on :). I love my mom so much and can't wait to see her in October when my baby is born and her showing me how to be a mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment