10.16.2012

twenty six



Yesterday I turned 26! I tell ya, the years are just flying by! The whole day was spent traveling home, so it didn't feel very birthday-ey, but I really did appreciate all the birthday texts and facebook posts and phone calls. It helped make it feel like a birthday! We did celebrate a little the day before in New York, where I had the BEST chocolate cake of my life. It blew me away. The pictures from above are from a couple weeks ago when I was in Arkansas, I celebrated with the fam.

the best chocolate cake
I always love reflecting back on the past year. 25 was so great. I really feel that life gets better each year --as I get to know myself and the world around me better. I feel like the older I get, the more I appreciate life and all it has to offer. I'm realizing how much there is I want to do in life, and that I better start kickin if I want to accomplish these things. In fact right now in my life the quote below really sums up my feelings on life (except that i'm not going to live in the woods, sorry)

"...I wanted to live deliberately, I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, To put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die discover that I had not lived.”


Cheesy? Yes. But whatever. I'm gonna suck the marrow out of life and there is nothing you can do about it! And I think that means enjoying all the little details in everyday life. It all passes so quickly!! 

Well, enough of that. I absolutely love birthdays. My birthday and other people's birthdays. I love celebrating! My favorite thing about my birthday though, is hearing from all my friends and loved ones. Honestly, thats the best part. I'm so grateful for all of you peeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment