1.24.2013

January

Hello blog. Life has been busier lately! The weather has been sooo beautiful here this past week. I'm really enjoying that part of Texas. Also, I've decided there is nothing better than waking up in the morning and relaxing while the sun beams in through the windows and the birds are chirping outside. It is my favorite part of the day.

Some things we've been up to lately...


  • Budgeting like FIENDS!! (Dave Ramsey Style) Which I'd like to blog more about sometime. But I am realllly really proud of how we've been doing!
  • Keeping New Years resolutions! (for the most part) Sometimes I get lazy and don't want to workout, but I love that Duke always pushes me to the gym and then pushes me when we get there. He's a good built-in personal trainer. Plus I've been eating vegetables almost everyday. HUGE improvement. PS- i've been keeping track of my goals with a free app called Lift. I love and recommend it. Keeps me accountable- I know I wouldn't be getting my veggies in without it.
  • I've been taking the photo 101 class from Nicoles Classes. First time in my life I've switched to manual settings. It's still hard for me, but I'm glad I'm learning.
  • 4 trips to the DR to get one perscription filled. I will spare you the boring details, suffice it to say, there is nothing free in life. 
  • Found some gray hairs on Duke!! I guess 30 has been rough. 
  • FINALLY bought lamps for our front room-been searching since we got married. And they broke before I got them home. Then Duke decided they were too fragile to make it through all our moves...so we are still lampless. Depressing.
  • Enjoying the beautiful weather outside. 76 today!! It makes me sooo soo happy.
  • Finished my first book of the year- High Society- The Life of Grace Kelly. If only there were more Grace Kelly's in the world. I have a huge girl crush on her now.


this morning it was sooo beautiful. Picture just doesn't do justice.
broken lamp :(












1 comment:

  1. argh, stupid broken lamp! I know how long searches go - how frustrating.

    and Lift ;)

    ReplyDelete