7.31.2013

Visiting the District

We have decided that as long as we are here in Jacksonville we are going to make the best of it. We then decided making the best of it means traveling to bigger, cooler cities as much as possible. Last weekend it was DC. 
We visited the beauuuutiful DC temple while we were there. Neither of us had been inside so that was neat. We then headed over and checked out the Newseum. I really liked it! I really enjoyed the pulitzer prize winning photograph exhibit and learning a little behind each photograph. 
The Berlin Wall...have to admit I didn't know much about the history of it until this exhibit.
An exhibit full of old front page papers of big events. Very cool I thought.
I loved the rooftop they had! Great views.
9/11 exhibit with front pages from all over the world
Totally got rained on. Twice.
Visited the Air & Space museum...I think I have been there more than I have been anywhere else in DC. Sure it's great, but I'm kind of over it. However, Duke was super excited bc he hadn't been since he finished flight school. He was geeking out in the "How Flight Works" exhibit. I think I learned more than I ever wanted to know ;). But I'm glad he had his moment and that he is doing what he loves!!
There was a group of children surrounding us while duke was explaining how this works...i was trying really hard not to laugh. Love you duke!!
Wright's Brother's original bike. Learned lots about them.
I think he's handsome.
I just love the capitol building. It's one of my favorites. Never gets old.
Let's be honest, the main reason we drove to DC was for the food. This burger was amazing. Good Stuff Eatery on Capitol Hill. I'm still dreaming about it. I think this will go in my top 5 burgers I've had list. 
Sunday we finished up the Newsuem, walked around and had some more good food. Not enough time, but still fun!
Also want to put in a good word for Airbnb. If you haven't used it, you are missing out! We've been using it when we travel and this time we got a great place in Arlington for $69/night. It was way nicer than any hotel in that area would be for the same price. Plus, the lady had homemade chocolate chip cookies waiting for us. Win-win-win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment