9.20.2013

Jonesborough, Tennessee


The first week of September my momma came out to visit me and to do some family history research around North Carolina/TN. So I joined her! We went to Raleigh, Greensboro, Jonesborough/Johnson City, TN, Charleston, SC and back home. It was pretty fun. Except that I got really sick along the way, but I survived! I had to blog about about Jonesborough because it was such a cute and quaint town! It was right at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, so it had that going for it. Tons of cute, little, old homes. And it is actually the oldest town in Tennessee. So it had some cool history there too.

Here are some pictures of it's adorable quaintness.
Coolest Court House!
So this is the Presbyterian Church there, and before this was built the Presbyterians in the area met at my great-great-something great-grandpa's house.
Andrew Jackson lived in that cabin while he studied law in Jonesborough.
My mom looking stuff up in a Quaker college we stopped at. They have Quaker colleges! Who knew?! Lots of Quakers in the Greensboro, NC area.
We walked through Gilford County Battlegrounds from the Revolutionary War. It was on my grandpapa's land and they're house was used a hospital here. (I believe this is the spot.)

Anyways, a cute little town that I really enjoyed and so did my mom. We also facetimed with these cute people below on our trip. Miss my sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment