4.19.2014

Ishigaki Island Girls Trip

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I went to one of the very southern islands of Japan called Ishigaki with some gal pals of mine. The weather wasn't very cooperative-we only had one sunny day, but we made the most of it. Also, I will say the food situation there was less than ideal. We struggggled finding restaurants that looked good and were open. We ended up eating at McDonalds more than I would like to admit! So bring snacks if you go! The best part were the goats that lived in the field across from where we stayed. There was a little baby goat who ran free and we named him Rufus until we found out it was a girl. Then we changed her name to Sally. I loved her!
how CUTE is she?! She would run across the street to hang out with us. BFF's
Kabira Bay-the black things in the pic below are where they are harvesting black pearls.
 Stopped by this little juice hut that made different fruit juices from sugarcane juice. They love sugarcane out here.
Then we got crazy with marble sodas! I never had one before, but you use the marble to open it and then the marble drops down and keeps your drink from spilling over. Pretty cool.
We rented a little car and drove all over the island. It's beautiful!
 Sally being adorable ^
Leaving our hostel for the airport! I'm grateful for the good friends I've made here. Also, the Japanese people are mostly the nicest people you'll ever meet. Crazy polite. So it was fun being treated by them. Even though I still hate taking my shoes off everywhere I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment