3.19.2015

Crystal Bridges Museum

My hometown is Bentonville, Arkansas. Probably never heard of it unless you work for Walmart or just really know your geography. It's a small town but headquarters of none other than Walmart! Since I have graduated and moved away (10 years ago-whhhat?!) it has been becoming really fun and artsy mostly thanks to the Walton family. They poured tons of money into making this awesome art museum called Crystal Bridges. It's right in downtown Bentonville and has tons of walking and biking trails that weave all around it. It's not as pretty in the winter so I stole the above & below picture from google. If you're ever in the area you should definitely check it out. 
I visited a temporary exhibit they have right now called Van Gogh to Rothko. It was awesome. Tons of artists the average person would recognize including Warhol, Van Gogh, O'Keeffe, Dali, Kahlo, Picasso, Lichtenstein and tons more.
 Lucy in front of a Pollock
Warhol
Lichtenstien
Rothko. Lucy's getting so cultured.
 Kahlo
 Miro
 Dali
 Van Gogh
Matisse
The other fun part of the exhibit was the hands on area afterward. They had all these different little stations to recreate art in similar styles of the art in the exhibit. It'd make a really fun date night! I drew a "Frida Kahlo selfie". Pretty dead on if you ask me ;).

 Trying my hand at some pollock-esque painting! 

1 comment: