7.11.2015

Snorkleing Cape Maeda

We took full advantage this holiday weekend to explore Okinawa! We went snorkeling at Cape Maeda, which I think is the best snorkeling spot on the island. Somehow this is only the 2nd time I've been and i forgot how beauuuuutiful and awesome it is there. For the record I have planned to go several times, but the water conditions always end up being too rough. The first time I went was Feb 2014 and I was freezing the whole time and couldn't wait to be done. It was much more enjoyable this time. The pictures don't really capture what it really looks like, especially all the pretty fishies. 

We traded off with our friends on baby watch so it was almost like a little date. It's nice to have friends like that. My favorite this time was the big sea of fish I swam around in-I posted a video of it below, seeing tiny baby clown fish- there was 1 momma and like 3 teeny ones, it was like real life Finding Nemo, and the super weird long nosed fish in the pics below. 
the baby fish are the little white spots to the left of the big clown fish
crazy long nose fish (i think that's the scientific name for it) 
Afterwards we headed to the mall to get the yummiest pizza's that are $5 each. And lucy ate puffs. Sometimes life isn't fair when you're a baby. It was such a fun day. I love being outside and enjoying summer. Sunny, summer days are my favorite. 

6 comments:

  1. we are yet to go here! my husband is getting really into snorkeling so he is desperate to go, fish kind of freak me out a little haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove that video!! The water is soo beautiful!
    I've never been snorkeling (HAHA!) i'm king of afraid of fish, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura!!!! that's hilarious. you need to attempt at least once before leaving!

      Delete
  3. Great photos! I've been meaning to get back to Maeda ever since the first time I went.

    ReplyDelete