11.17.2015

Lucy's 1st Birthday Party!


I threw Lucy a "twinkle twinkle little star" themed birthday party a few days before we left for the states. I decided I wanted to go big for her first birthday; it was a big milestone for me as well as her. I spent a lot of time working on all the stuff for it and stressed myself out, but it was all worth it in the end! My blogging friend Mindy took all the pictures (she's great if you're looking for a photog in Oki!) and my friend Carolyn frosted both the cakes. Fair warning--there are lots of pictures ahead!!
pb&j star-shaped sandwiches!



birthday girl!
 still can't believe she is one. whatt?!
 i think we can all agree this picture^ is the best.
 took her a while to get into the cake. she poked it for a while, then i put some frosting in her mouth, which she did not appreciate. Then she got going. 
 Aftermath-not bad!
 some of our friends who came to celebrate!
 I don't really feel like 1 year olds need gifts, but thanks to those who brought some. It was very thoughtful.
 one of our friends got her a book in japanese & translated it using google translate. I laugh every time i read it.
 ^This picture is SO Lucy. She always has her mouth open, usually has something in her hand she's dragging around, and she's ready to get her scoot on. 
 All tuckered out.
Love this picture of my two babies sitting outside the kitchen door.

Thanks to everyone who came. We missed those who couldn't. It was a blast to celebrate our little Lucy!

6 comments:

  1. Yay Happy first birthday sweet Lucy. What a fab party you threw her...any chance are you in the party planning business?! I have to sort something for Eden's 6th party and I am already stressing despite it not until March! I want to read the Japanese book translated into English, what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! parties are stressful! although i'm not doing a big party every year i decided... we'll see how it goes ;)

      Delete
  2. What a fun birthday! Are those Uggs? What a lucky little one! The stationery was adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with this birthday theme!! She is the cutest little birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her birthday cake and other food items you had are looking really delicious. I loved the toppings used too. Truly, I have a craving for it. Anyways, my son’s birthday is also coming near and I want to arrange a similar birthday party for him and looking for a suitable event space. Can you give me few planning tips?

    ReplyDelete