3.19.2011

Quarterly Braindump

I have to get something off my chest. a random pet peeve of mine I just have to vent about to feel better.
here we go:

I find myself annoyed/feeling weird when i'm reading a blog post and the post is finished, but then the blogger adds in some questions at the bottom that relates to the post. For example: Lets say the post was about how the person loves post-it notes, at the end she writes: "what about you? do you love post-it notes? what are your favorite kind?" ahhhhhh it drives me crazy!!!!! i don't know why. It just looks like they are fishing (i almost spelt that phishing) for comments. It makes the person look robotic and not like a real person. It just irks me. I love blog stalking, its one of my favorite hobbies. but oh the questions...why?! (disclaimer-i still continue to read the blogs with the questions bc i like them. also this does not apply to a post that in and of itself is a question to the general public) it felt good to put that out there.

I have 2 other things to say:
1. I've never appreciated friday as much as I have the last 2 fridays. working is so tiring. Even though I pretty much sit all day, Everyday I come home and crawl into my bed.

2. I like people who walk fast. Not that I don't like people who walk slow. I guess what i'm trying to say is that I have an appreciation for fast walkers, I have an instant kinship with them. I am a fast walker. I think I always have been and I really can't help it. It takes a lot of effort for me to walk slow. Like you know when you're walking somewhere and then you see someone ahead of you that you know, but don't really feel like chatting it up with, so you just slow down so you never catch up? Well when these kinds of things happen, it is so hard to walk slow! I just don't know how to do it I guess.
I also know that sometimes I walk so fast that I scare people. It always cracks me up. I'll come around a corner or something and people will kind of jump or scramble to move out of the way. Maybe that means I need to slow down. But i can't!

On a side note, I changed which parking lot I park in at work and since then I've realized it takes me longer to walk from my car to my desk than it does for me to drive from my house to work. Only by about a minute or so, but still...it seems so wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I love this and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With you for the walkers - although I've been slowly adjusting my speed down. It makes meandering in love better.

    Also, you make me never want to work full time again - it is sooo tiring at the beginning especially.

    ReplyDelete