8.07.2013

working it out

umm can we say motivation?! I wouldn't mind those abs. or thighs.
via
So I just wanted to take a moment first to be brag about myself. I know that isn't really the polite thing to do, but I've worked hard and I'm proud of myself. A couple days ago I did 25 pushups. Consecutively. WHAT UPPP!!! I haven't really been working up to anything or even doing push ups really. However, on Sunday I felt like I hadn't moved hardly at all (there was a 2 hour nap in there), so I just busted out some push ups and pleasantly surprised myself! Also of note is that 2 years ago we had a Mccrory family pushup contest at Christmas and I did 20. Maybe this year I can aim for 30!

Even though I haven't been doing pushups I have been working out people! I thought I'd share what I've been doing because I've really been enjoying my workouts lately. I tryyyy to workout every other day or 3-4 times a week, but things come up and sometimes it's only 1 or 2 times a week. But I've been loving it, because I do something different everytime. I rotate between the following and do whatever sounds good/fun at the time:

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred-i did this for 30 days back in April and I saw a huge increase in my stamina. Midway through I started running again and was running faster and longer than I had been previously.
Jillian Michaels Cardio Blast-great workout, leaves you sore and sweaty everytime.
Jillian Michael Yoga-only 30 minutes, not as intense, but lots of strength moves.
Running- I honestly don't run very much due to a bad knee. But I still work it in a few times a month.
Crossfit- I only do these when I work out with my husband and we'll do the WOD together.
Functional Toning class at gym
Pinterest workouts

I will admit, I still have to talk myself into working out everyday. It really never sounds like fun. But I always feel SO good about myself afterwards. So I'd say it's worth it. Anyways, I'd recommend checking out any of the above. Pinterest has helped keep things interesting too, with the millions of workouts I have pinned I may never be bored. 

Also-has anyone tried TurboFire?? I'd like to try that one out next. It looks good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment